We searched and found the best toddler beds so you don’t have to.
Babies grow up very fast. Before you know it, your toddler will outgrow his/her crib and then it’s time for their first proper bed!
When should you move your child from a baby crib to a toddler bed?
Depending on how fast your child grows and its needs the right age to replace the crib with a bed could be anywhere between 1,5 to 3,5 years. But there is no definite answer and no one solution serves all.
Sometimes the little ones are way too active and a baby crib is not enough so you need to make the transition sooner. Other times, they feel safer and more comfortable in their baby crib so you may want to stick with a baby crib a little longer.
That being said, sooner or later your child will need a proper bed and then you need to make sure to buy the right one that will meet your needs and ensure the safety and comfort of your child.
What are the best toddler beds of 2017?
We have reviewed the best seller toddler beds of 2017 and come up with a list of the top 5 selection so that you can pick yours conveniently and hassle-free.
1. Dream On Me Classic Toddler Bed
The Dream on Me Classic is a simple, elegant and sturdy solution as your baby needs to make the transition from a crib to a bed. You will not find any flashy or unneeded features, but you will find a high-quality construction with all the necessary safety features you need to ensure your baby has a peaceful night’s sleep.
Dimensions: 57 x 28 x 30 inches
Weight: 16.5 pounds
- Meets all the ASTM and CPSC standards.
- Completely safe for children. Free of phthalates, latex, lead, and BPA.
- High value for money
- Ergonomically designed, ensures a sound sleep for your children.
- It can accommodate weight up to 50 lbs.
- 7 colors available to suit your aesthetic needs.
- The mattress is not included with the bed. It is sold separately.
- Might require some assembly effort on your end as it’s not preassembled.
- Two side safety rails
- Sits low to the floor
- Standard Dream On Me Crib mattress sold separately
- Complete with all tools for easy assembly
- Meet the CPSC and ASTM standard
2. Big Oshi Contemporary Design Toddler & Kids Bed
This is a JPMA certified toddler bed and is aesthetically and ergonomically pleasing. It features a contemporary design that will add a modern note to the nursery. It’s made from sturdy solid wood and it’s the exact right height for your little one. It meets all the safety regulations and comes in different finishes.
Dimensions: 53 x 30 x 24.6 inches
Weight: 18 pounds
- Elegant and contemporary design to suit the rest of the furniture.
- It meets all the safety standards and regulations (CPSC and ASTM).
- It has a perfect height and structure.
- It can take a maximum weight of up to 60 lbs.
- It is made of completely non-toxic materials.
- All the tools are included for a very easy and streamlined assembly.
- Made of solid pine wood.
- Not a wide variety of color finishes except for classic colors (brown, white, espresso, etc.)
- Contemporary Designer Bed/Day Bed for your toddler & Kids. Built with safety in mind
- Two side rails for added protection and safety, get in and out of bed complete with ease
- Contemporary Toddler Bed made out of material solid pine wood.
3. Delta Children Plastic Toddler Bed
Your kid is going to love this bed! It features a playful design with your kid’s favorite Disney/Pixar/Nickelodeon characters! It is made of high-quality plastic on a sturdy steel frame for stability and support. If you are looking for something that’s a little more playful and less dull than the average kids’ bed, then this is the perfect choice for you.
Dimensions: 53.9 x 29.1 x 26.2 inches
Weight: 18 pounds
Pick from a wide variety of themes:
- Mickey Mouse
- Paw Control
- Disney’s Frozen
- Disney Princess
- Dora the explorer
- Disney Junior Sofia the First
- Sesame Street
- Marvel Ultimate Spiderman
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- High quality plastic material with a steel frame.
- Steel guardrails.
- It has a proper space for the child to roll but yet has a cozy structure.
- The height is low enough for your little one to get in and out safely.
- It meets JPMA, CPSC and ASTM safety standards.
- Very easy assembly.
- You have to add the stickers yourself.
- Recommended for ages 15 months+ Holds up to 50 lbs.
- Features two attached guardrails Uses a standard crib mattress (sold separately)
- Sturdy steel frame and high-quality plastic construction Assembled dimensions: 53.94"L x 29.13"W x 26.18"H
4. Baby Relax Toddler Bed
The Baby Relax Toddler Bed is a classic addition to our list of top 5 kids’ beds. It’s made from veneer and features a full-paneled headboard and footboard ensuring the highest levels of safety for your little ones.
Dimensions: 29.5 x 54.4 x 25 inches
Weight: 13.6 pounds
- Perfect design and ergonomics for the transition of a baby from a crib to a toddler bed.
- It has proper height and support for additional safety and the stability.
- Can accommodate a standard crib mattress.
- Gender-neutral finish.
- Just 3 available finishings.
- Made from veneer, not solid wood.
- It features a classic design something that might look a little out of place in a kid’s nursery.
- Sturdy and low-set; wood construction
- Includes 2 built-in guardrails that help keep toddlers secure
- Accommodates a standard crib mattress
- Recommended for children at least 15 months old and no more than 50 lbs
5. Delta Children Canton Toddler Bed
The Delta Children Canton Toddler bed features a timeless Victorian design, a slim silhouette, and three available finishes to match the interior design of your home. Built with your baby’s safety in mind, it’s a great replacement for your baby crib.
Dimensions: 29 x 29 x 57.5 inches
- Very sturdy design. Holds up to 50 lbs.
- JPMA certified, meets all CPSC & ASTM safety standards.
- Low height so that your baby can easily climb in or climb down.
- If your baby is older, the side-rails might prove a little short.
- Transitional platform style and design
- Low to the ground for easy access
- Meets or exceeds all safety standards
- Guard rails included to keep child safe
- JPMA certified to ASTM standards
We’d love to hear from you: which toddler bed did you select? Please leave your comments in the section down below!