What Baby Furniture Do You Really Need?
Are you expecting your bundle of joy? If ‘yes’ then congratulations! Whether you expect your first baby or second, bringing a child to this world is a joyful and an ultimate experience for parents. You may be excited about the baby shower party, buying baby furniture, decorating the room of your tiny tot, buying toys and many such things.
Parents, who are expecting their first child, may be clueless about what baby furniture to buy. Before you move towards the nearest furniture store, anticipating your would-be son or daughter, it is important to do some research online. As your baby will spend its maximum time using items like baby cribs, changing table or high chair, you need to make sure that the pieces you buy are the best.
What are the benefits of using baby furniture?
Baby furniture is a necessity and not a luxury. With the changing times, baby furniture has become affordable and there is a huge variety available. An item like a Moses basket is a must have and delivers a lot of benefits. Babies require care and attention 24/7, and without the right baby furniture, it is impossible to feed them properly, change nappy or make them sleep consistently. So, you need the right baby furniture here.
Following are the benefits of baby furniture:
- Some must-have nursery items help in feeding the baby and changing nappy. If you use the right furniture, you will not have a backache. Bending down at least 15 times to change the nappy can give you a terrible backache. So, use proper furniture.
- You and your baby will enjoy utmost comfort by using best nursery furniture. When the baby sleeps in the Moses basket, you need not worry about your child’s safety.
- Nursery baby furniture can also enhance the appearance of your home.
What baby furniture and nursery items do you really need?
Prepping your home for the baby is both exciting and intimidating. A variety of baby furniture is available online. Now there is no need to worry, “what baby furniture should I buy?” We have come up with a comprehensive list of baby furniture to buy. Below you will find the names of must-have nursery items:
- Baby Crib: This is the first and the foremost item to have in the nursery. Various kinds of baby cribs are available. You may choose a convertible crib that comes with a drawer, changing table, desk and a built-in-table. A convertible baby crib can be converted into bed. So, use it as a daybed or a toddler bed.
- Proper bed and bed sheets: There must be multiple sets of sheets available with you. You may cover the mattress pad with the crib sheet and then layer second crib sheet.
- Crib Mattress: It must fit properly between the edges of crib side and mattress.
- Waterproof cover: This is the mattress pad you need to keep safe the baby mattress. Use pad which is recommended for the crib
- Diaper supplies: This is the chief essential you need. You may choose between disposable diapers or cloth diapers. Have dozens of diapers if you are using cloth diapers
- Infant dressers: A dresser will hold the tiny clothes of your baby. There is no need to have an extensive wardrobe if you use an infant dresser. Look for the dresser that comes with slide out changing table, space for keeping the wipes and creams
- Functional changing tables: Buy functional and back-saving changing table to change clothes of the baby and to keep the dresses.
- Baby swing: Buy the portable model of baby swing to relax the baby. Look for the swing which moves side-to-side.
Above is the list of everything you need in a baby nursery. But, your nursery checklist is still not complete. Other items to acquire are a baby monitor, plenty of baby clothes, burp clothes, diaper disposal system, toys and a bouncy seat.
Some more baby furniture you can consider
Wondering what to buy for the nursery? A rocking chair is what you need for sure. If the baby cries too much, you may consider getting a rocking chair as babies like to be rocked. Some babies cannot fall asleep till they are rocked. In fact, they need to be comforted, they need to feel safe. This is also the best way to prepare your newborn for sleeping. Rockers and gliders make a great addition to the baby nursery. You will need a sleeper, dresser, toddler bed, crib conversion rails, etc.
Now there is no need to worry which baby furniture to buy. Mothers can use rocking chairs to lull the baby. Determine the material of the chair and set your budget in advance. The best nursery furniture is made of an oak wood. Before making any purchase, you should ascertain your preference.
Measure the space where the items will be placed. Prior to making purchases, you should also create your nursery checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything. Everything you need in a baby nursery may be procured online. Do not do impulsive shopping and always do the necessary due diligence and the market research. The brand you are choosing equally matters. Look for reliable brands as you cannot take any chance with the safety and wellbeing of your baby.