Graco Highchair Blossom and EveryStep Review
Th Graco Highchair comes into two different variants:
- Blossom – 6 in 1
- EveryStep – 7 in 1
Graco is a well known brand in the baby niche with a complete product offering ranging from travel systems and bassinets to highchairs and swings.
Their 6 in 1 Highchair, called “Blossom” is one of the best selling highchairs on the market currently and with good reason.
We have no hesitation but to wholeheartedly recommend the Graco Highchair if you’re looking for a new baby highchair for your newborn angel. Combining top safety features, high quality materials and unparalleled convenience – alongside all the necessary certifications – the Graco Blossom highchair is the best option on the market.
- 7 or 6 in 1 (depending on the model you get)
- 7/6 Height adjustments
- One hand removable tray
- Adjustable and removable seat back
- Machine washable seat cover
- Can seat 2 children at the same time
- Tray is dishwasher safe
The Graco Baby Highchair earns the award of the best allround highchair in 2020
The Graco Blossom and EveryStep highchairs are simply the best highchairs on the market in 2020 with an excellent price/value ratio.
In this review, we’re going to focus on “Blossom”, the 6 in 1 variant as the “EveryStep” is basically the same with one additional mode.
The strong selling point of the Blossom Highchair is its convertibility and the 6 different available modes:
- Infant highchair with recline
- Traditional highchair
- Infant booster
- Toddler booster
- Youth chair
- Seat two kids
The Blossom 6 in 1 convertible highchair will “grow with your baby”. Use it as an infant highchair when your baby is under 6 months old and then switch to a traditional highchair and a toddler booster as your child gets older. The Graco highchair can also be seat two kids at the same time so if you have two adorable angels you needn’t purchase a second baby chair.
When it comes to your baby, safety is your number one priority when buying new baby gear. Thankfully Graco is ticking all the boxes and you can rest assured that your baby will be safe.
The front wheels can be locked down so no matter how active your baby is, the highchair will stay in place and there’s no risk of it rolling away.
The highchair also boasts a convertible 3 an 5-point harness that will keep your baby secure in its seat. Babies can become really hyperactive when eating so a safety harness is necessary.
On top of its stellar safety features, Graco Blossom makes your life easier as it offers a removable seat insert that you can simply put in the dishwasher. The removable tray is interchangeable with the the toddler booster or the your chair so you can make the most of it.
You will also find a 3-position removable footrest and 3 different recline positions to ensure maximum comfort as your child outgrows the chair. The seat pad is protected by high quality fake leather which makes cleaning it a breeze as it’s machine washable!
|Item Weight||32 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||29 x 22.5 x 41 inches|
|Suitable for babies||up to 60 lbs|
|Height Adjustment||Yes (6/7 positions)|
|Wheels||Yes (front locking)|
Do we recommend the Graco Blossom/EveryStep highchair?
Yes! It’s a great all round highchair at a great price point that will serve you well for a number of years. It’s strong suit – the different available modes – will save you money in the long run and the safety and convenience features will make it a dream to use.
5 Things to consider before buying a highchair
Highchairs will make your life easier and are an indispensable asset as your baby grows up. As soon as she can sit on her own, it’s time for a highchair and for your baby to join you at the dinner table.
Usually that happens around the 4 to 6 month mark, when your baby starts consuming solid foods. That’s the time you need to introduce the highchair so that you can feed your baby while you’re eating at the dinner table.
Before buying a new highchair, here are a few things to consider:
- Available space: Before you start your search for the best highchair you need to measure the available space. Highchairs sometimes take up more space than traditional chairs and you also need to factor in some extra space for manoeuvring. So grab a measuring tape and note down the max dimensions of your new baby chair.
- Convertible or not?: There are different types of highchairs. Some are modular, meaning that they feature multiple seating modes and can change from an infant booster to a highchair and vice versa, and then you have the high chairs that have only one function. In general it’s advised to go with a convertible highchair to save on money and make it last longer as it “grows with your baby”.
- Safety features: does it have a multiple-locking safety harness? Is it durable and steady? Is there any chance of it tipping over? You need to take all this into account.
- How easy to clean: A highchair will become the epicenter of your baby’s eating mess. As your baby learns to eat on her own, there will be spills, stains, splatters and crumbs all over the place. Find a baby chair with removable parts that are easy to clean and a tray and cushion that are machine washable
- Portability: This is extremely important if you need to move the chair around the house, or even outdoors if you have a garden, backyard or a terrace and you want your baby to join you during lunch time. Some chairs fold up and are lightweight making adding to their portability.