What are the best baby wipes for newborns and babies with sensitive skin?
Baby wipes are a staple when it comes to baby accessories. It’s one item that you need as much as diapers. As a new parent, you’ll soon find out that you’ll go through hundreds upoen hundreds of baby wipes, especially when your baby is little.
There are thousands of options in the market to choose from, to picking the right baby wipes may seem daunting at first. Read on to discover what to look out of before buying baby wipes, and most important – what are the best baby wipes currently on the market?
What to look out for before you buy baby wipes?
There are hundreds of options on the market, especially after the recent pandemic, so finding the right baby wipes can seem overwhelming, but there are some key considerations before you buy
- Ingredients: the most important thing you need to check before buying baby wipes is the ingredients that are used. All baby wipes on the market are nontoxic but not all are hypoallergenic. Even though it’s very rare, there’s always a small risk of your baby being alergic to the materials of baby wipes. That’s why you should make sure that they are hypoallergenic before buying
- Quantity: baby wipes are usually sold in packs of different sizes. You should estimate how many baby wipes you need every month so that you can stock up and budget accordingly as buying in bulk can be much cheaper and require less trips to the store
- Thickness: thickness is the most overlooked factor when buying baby wipes. The cheaper brands will make their wipes very thin which means that you’ll need to use more wipes to clean your baby. Thicker, higher quality baby wipes will require fewer passess aross your baby’s skin which also in turn means less skin irritation
The top baby wipes of 2020
Read on to discover the top baby food makers on the market currently:
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes
- Huggies Natural Care
- WaterWipes Unscented
- Pampers Aqua Pure
- #1 Choice of U.S. hospitals
- 20% thicker than normal baby wipes
- Alcohol, parabens, phenoxythanol free
Pampers Sensitive Wipes is your best bet when it comes to baby wipes. They are currently the top choice of U.S. hospitals (based on number of sales across the country) and with good reason.
They are hypoallergenic and don’t contain any alcohol, parabens, phenoxythanol or dyes of any kind making them ultra safe for your newborn.
What we liked the most is the fact that they are 20% thicker than most of the competitors on the market, and you can feel it the moment touch them, they feel more durable.
Dealing with your baby’s poo and pee will become a breeze with Pampers Sensitive Wipes. They are also unscented you won’t have to worry about any unpleasant odors.
- 99% water based
- pH balanced
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested
- Aloe & vitamin E infused
- Alcohol, parabens, dyes and phenoxyethanol free
The baby wipes offering by Huggies is another excellent option. They come in various size packs (up to 768 wipes) so that you can choose the one you need based on your consumption.
They are free of parabens, alcohol, dyes, phenoxyethanol and lotions; they are dermatologically tested and pH balanced ensuring your baby’s skin will be left smooth, clean and moisturized.
Their strong selling point is that they are made 99% of water. The rest 1%? It’s just a mix of aoe and vitamin E infusion for a gentler clean.
- 99.9% water based
- Contains fruit extract
- Parabens and sulphates free
WaterWipes comprise of 99.9% water they are completely safe for your baby’s skin. There’s a hint of fruit extract that makes them gentle and kind to the skin.
By containing no artificial fragrance or dyes they are perfectly safe for newborns and babies with sensitive skin. They come in different size packs all the way up to 18 packs (1080 wipes) that will last you for a long time.
- 99% water based
- Alcohol and perfume free
- 1% pH buffering ingredients
Another great option by Pampers, AquaWipes are made from 99% water so they are gentle and soft to the skin.
The rest 1% contains dermatologically tested cleansers and pH buffering ingredients that help soothe and prevent skin irritations.