Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Crib Review
The Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Crib is a very flexible sleeper/bassinet, that’s portable, can quickly change from a sleeper to bassinet, and it’s ideal for babies up to 5-months or 33lbs.
If you’re looking for a lightweight, portable bedside sleeper with great safety features and adjustable mattress height then we can’t recommend the Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Crib enough.
- 7 height positions
- Wheels that lock
- Lightweight, portable
- Only suitable for up to 5 monts / 33lbs
6 Things to consider before buying a baby crib or bassinet
Baby cribs are an indispensable item in the nursery when you welcome a new baby to the family. Even though babies will outgrow the crib relatively fast and then move on to a cot, they will still spend between 2 – 3 years in one so investing in a quality baby crib is important.
Before committing to buying a new baby crib, here are a few things to consider:
- Mattress support: you need to make sure to buy a baby crib with a sturdy base that offers mattress support. Once your baby becomes more active, having a strong metal base will go a long way to ensuring it’s safe
- Dimensions: make sure to carefully measure the available space that you have and that you buy a baby crib that fits those dimensions
- Adjustable mattress height: quality cribs come with adjustable mattress height so that you can lower it as your baby grows
- Manufactured after 2011: In 2011 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission updated its standards and requirements when it comes to baby cribs. Every baby crib manufactured after 2011 will meet the criteria
- Sturdy construction: opt for baby cribs that are made from metal, wood or high quality plastic that don’t wobble and can withstand the weight of your baby
- Wheels that lock: if your baby crib has wheels ensure that they have a locking feature
The Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper is the most flexible bassinet
Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Crib is the best bedside sleeper featuring a drop-side for easy access and effortless feeding.
Mika Micky is among the best bedside sleepers due to its added convenience and flexibility of the drop-side and adjustable mattress height.
Boasting 7 different height positions, the bassinet can adjust anywhere between 24 to 33 inches which will ensure it will match the height of your bed perfectly.
Being a bedside sleeper means it’s excellent for parents who want to have their baby next to them while sleeping and also for breastfeeding moms or moms who underwent a C-section and need the extra rest for a few weeks after coming back home.
Great safety features
The Mika Micky Bedside Bassinet doesn’t fall short when it comes to safety features. It offers 7 different heights to accommodate beds of all heights and the built-in wheels have brakes to keep the bassinet securely in place.
You don’t have to worry about accidentally bumping into it or that it starts rolling off if your baby is more active.
The bassinet is designed for babies up to 33 lbs or until they physically outgrow the bassinet and can sit up by themselves. Then it’s time for a larger baby crib.
|Item Weight||24.1 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||37.5 x 24.5 x 6.3 inches|
|Suitable for babies||5 months / 33 lbs|
|Height Adjustment||Yes (7 positions)|
Do we recommend the Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Bassinet?
Yes! It’s a great starting bassinet for your baby with excellent and convenient features like the 7 positions adjustable heights, the built-in wheels with a locking feature and it’s made from durable and high quality plastic and steel.