What are the best baby chairs of 2020?
Choosing the right baby chair for your baby is not an easy job. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider while deciding and it’s only natural that you may get overwhelmed simply due to the sheer amount of the available options out there.
Factors like the size of the chair, the space you have available, its foldability capabilities for storage purposes when you are not using it, and above all, the stability and safety provided are some that come into play.
To cut through the noise we have identified the top sellers for 2020 and we have curated a list of the top 5 baby chairs for 2020 factoring in elements like security, convenience, safety, quality, and design.
Top 5 baby chairs of 2020
- Baby Delight Go With Me Chair
- Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray
- Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Booster
- Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat
- Keet Roundy Kid’s Chair Gingham
The first chair in our list of finalists is the well-cushioned, and ultra-portable Baby Delight Go With Me Chair which features multiple uses. This baby chair is perfect for indoors as well as outdoors because of its removable sun canopy which protects your little one from the sunlight.
Things we like
- Sturdy metal legs with contact to the ground at 8 points
- The chair has polyester fabric which makes it durable
- The removable plastic tray is BPA-free
- The standing net can be used as storage also
- The leg holes are enclosed and protected with netting to provide protection from bugs or rough surfaces to the child
- The height of the chair can be adjusted to the size of the baby and can take weight up to 75 lbs
Things to note
- The chair does not recline
- The tray could be a little high for a baby of age less than a year
|Dimensions||8 x 8 x 25 inches|
|Maximum weight recommendation||75 pounds|
|Material||100% Polyester Fabric and metal frame|
The Abiie beyond is one of the most well-rounded baby chairs out there offering excellent build quality and a plethora of features that will make your life easier. This baby chair is sturdy enough even for adults to sit on.
Even though it’s on the pricer end of the spectrum its build quality is second to none. The chair has undergone anti-microbial heat sterilization at 248 °F (120 °C) which ensures the safety of your baby.
Its trademarked “EZ Seat System” boasts improved ergonomics and great functionality. You can quickly adjust the seat and footrest to adapt to any person whether that’s a baby or a full grown adult. On top of that you should note that the chair can hold up to 250 lbs!
Things we like
- The seat and footrest can be adjusted easily to accommodate any height making it the perfect baby chair that will “grow” as your child grows
- It can be transformed and be used as a normal dining chair for yourself or your guests. Perfect for saving space
- The cushions are stain resistant and waterproof, so it does not absorb any spills and are very easy to clean
- It is very sturdy. It will not tip over under any circumstances and it will hold the weight of an adult
- Dishwasher-friendly tray
- An adjustable 3-point and 5-point harness with a dual restraining system
- Comes with a 3-year warranty so you don’t have to worry about anything
- Anti-microbial heat sterilization
- Multiple color options
- Extremely high-quality materials
- Aesthetically pleasing design that will blend with your interior design
Things to note
- It may prove a little too small for adults when in normal dining chair mode
|Dimensions||17.8 x 21.2 x 33.5 inches|
|Maximum weight recommendation||250 pounds|
The Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Booster is the most lightweight and portable chair of our list of the best baby chairs of 2020.
If you are living in a sunny state with a lot of outdoor space or you are taking a lot of trips, and spending time outdoors in the garden or the backyard, then you will love this baby chair.
It’s lightweight, compact, and foldable and you can take it anywhere as it weighs just 4.8 pounds!
It can, of course, be used indoors and it’s perfect both for feeding and play time. It has a compact fold and fits in the easy slide-in carry bag which is included.
You can even put it in the dishwasher without any issues and it’s PBA free. It also comes in 4 different vibrant color variations.
Thing we like
- Can be used for babies as small as 6 months old
- BPA-free, dishwasher-friendly, detachable tray for maximum convenience
- Storage pocket at the back which are great for an outing or camping
- 3-point safety harness to ensure the safety of your baby
- Safety straps are also included for placing it safely on an adult chair
- Handy little transport bag to take it anywhere with you
- The storage bag has a mesh bottom which makes it ideal for the beach as any sand will fall and the water will drip if you rinse it off
Things to note
- Somewhat weird placement of the buckle
- Supports weight up to 37 pounds
|Dimensions||14 x 15 x 15 inches|
|Maximum weight recommendation||37 pounds|
|Material||Steel & Nylon|
The Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat is another perfect travel option when you don’t want the hassle of carrying a bulky baby chair.
This booster seat could be strapped on any adult chair and is convenient to carry it everywhere you go as it weighs only 1.32 pounds.
Even though it’s made out of plastic and not wood as some of the alternatives in our roundup, it’s high quality and sturdy and can hold up to 33 pounds.
Thins we like
- 2-in-1 usage – could be used as a seat for your toddler as well as a seat booster
- 2-level height adjustment settings
- Dishwasher friendly food tray
- Removable, washable, machine-friendly seat pad
- Secured straps for fixing it on an adult chair
- The straps are also machine washable
- Features an extremely small footprint that saves space and it’s ideal for smaller rooms and kitchens or on the go
Things to note:
- The back cushion is a little thin
- It comes only in two colors
- Maximum weight is a little low at 33 pounds
|Dimensions||13.5 x 17 x 12 inches|
|Maximum weight recommendation||33 pounds|
The Keet Roundy Kid’s Chair is not exactly a baby high chair chair per se as it’s targeting older kids but we thought it would be a great alternative to feature if you’re not looking for a traditional baby high chair.
The Keet Roundy chair is an upholstered chair perfect for the babies who outgrow the high chairs but are still small for adult chairs.
It’s made from Gingham fabric and its padding is from high density foam for added comfort. The manufacturer recommends it for children ages 2 to 5 but you can definitely keep using it until your child physically outgrows. It’s low enough for easy access even by smaller kids.
Things we like
- Cozy and comfortable covered with foam
- Made out of Gingham fabric which is very easy to coordinate
- Sturdy wooden frame for support and stability
- Upholstered with cotton, easy-to-clean woven fabric
- Suitable for children up to 5 years old or even older depending on the size
- Protected with no-flame retardant
- Features wooden legs for a real-furniture look
- Large color variety (8 available colors) to match the rest of your house design
Things to note
- Not the most portable and light chair. More convenient for indoors use
- No safety straps or buckles as it’s oriented for older kids
|Dimensions||24 x 17 x 18 inches|
|Maximum weight recommendation||5 years old max|
|Material||Wood & fabric|
The best baby chairs of 2020 summed up
We have covered the top 5 baby chairs in 2020 and we are positive that you will find the right baby chair based on your particular needs. Whether your criteria are comfort, décor, practicality, durability or flexibility, there are options available for all.