Are you expecting your bundle of joy? If ‘yes’ then congratulations! Whether you expect your first baby or second, bringing a child to this world is a joyful and an ultimate experience for parents. You may be excited about the baby shower party, buying baby furniture, decorating the room of your tiny tot, buying toys and many such things.
Parents, who are expecting their first child, may be clueless about what baby furniture to buy. Before you move towards the nearest furniture store, anticipating your would-be son or daughter, it is important to do some research online. As your baby will spend its maximum time using items like baby cribs, changing table or high chair, you need to make sure that the pieces you buy are the best.
What are the benefits of using baby furniture?
Baby furniture is a necessity and not a luxury. With the changing times, baby furniture has become affordable and there is a huge variety available. An item like a Moses basket is a must have and delivers a lot of benefits. Babies require care and attention 24/7, and without the right baby furniture, it is impossible to feed them properly, change nappy or make them sleep consistently. So, you need the right baby furniture here.
Following are the benefits of baby furniture:
- Some must-have nursery items help in feeding the baby and changing nappy. If you use the right furniture, you will not have a backache. Bending down at least 15 times to change the nappy can give you a terrible backache. So, use proper furniture.
- You and your baby will enjoy utmost comfort by using best nursery furniture. When the baby sleeps in the Moses basket, you need not worry about your child’s safety.
- Nursery baby furniture can also enhance the appearance of your home.
What baby furniture and nursery items do you really need?
Prepping your home for the baby is both exciting and intimidating. A variety of baby furniture is available online. Now there is no need to worry, “what baby furniture should I buy?” We have come up with a comprehensive list of baby furniture to buy. Below you will find the must-have nursery items:
- Baby Crib: This is the first and the foremost item to have in the nursery. Various kinds of baby cribs are available. You may choose a convertible crib that comes with a drawer, changing table, desk and a built-in-table. A convertible baby crib can be converted into bed. So, use it as a daybed or a toddler bed.
- Toddler bed: Babies grow up unbelievably quickly and it won’t take long that your baby will need to make the transition to a toddler bed. A toddler bed (which you can keep for more than 10 years) will be a definite must-have later on. Read our list of the best toddler beds of 2017.
- Baby chair: Babies are really well versed in eaitng and sleeping and they eat several times a day! An ergononomic, safe and sturdy baby chair is of utmost importance. Browse the best baby chairs of 2017.
- Proper bed and bed sheets: You must have multiple sets of sheets available at all times. You may cover the mattress pad with the crib sheet and then layer second crib sheet to make it easier to clean and save the mattress in cases of “accidents” which you’ll have plenty!
- Crib Mattress: If possible consult with your pediatrician to suggest a quality orthopedic mattress.
- Waterproof cover: This is the mattress pad you need to keep safe the baby mattress. Most cribs come with their own pad or at least have a recommended brand and specifications.
- Diaper supplies: This is the chief essential you need. You may choose between disposable diapers or cloth diapers. You can never have enough!
- Infant dressers: A dresser will hold the tiny clothes of your baby. There is no need to have an extensive wardrobe if you use an infant dresser. Look for the dresser that comes with a slide-out changing table, space for keeping the wipes and creams as well as other various accessories and toys.
- Functional changing tables: Buy functional and back-saving changing table to change your baby and avoid back pains.
- Baby swing: Much smaller than a baby crib and much more convenient. Babies fall asleep much easier as well.
Above is the list of everything you need for a baby nursery. But, your nursery checklist is still not complete. Other items to acquire include a baby monitor, plenty of baby clothes, burp clothes, diaper disposal system, toys, and a bouncy seat.
Some more baby furniture you can consider
Wondering what more to buy for the nursery? A rocking chair could become very handy. If the baby cries too much, you may consider getting a rocking chair as babies like to be rocked. In fact, they need to be comforted, they need to feel safe. This is also the best way to prepare your newborn for sleeping. Rockers and gliders make a great addition to the baby nursery.
Measure the space where nursery furniture will be placed. Prior to making purchases, you should also create your nursery checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything. Everything you need in a baby nursery may be procured online. Do not do impulsive shopping and always do the necessary due diligence and market research. The brand you are choosing equally matters. Look for reliable brands as you cannot take any chance with the safety and well-being of your baby.
Please let us know in the comments sections down below, which furniture and what accessories you think are a must-have for a nursery.