Wondering what baby furniture and accessories you really need for your newborn?
Are you expecting your bundle of joy? If ‘yes’ then congratulations are in order! Bringing a child to this world is a joyful truly an amazing experience for parents.
You may be excited about the baby shower party, buying baby furniture, decorating the nursery, buying toys and preparing for the years ahead.
Parents who are expecting their first child may have no idea about what baby furniture they need to buy. Before you move towards the nearest furniture store, it is imperative you do the necessary research online to figure out exactly what you need in terms of baby furniture, accessories and gear.
As your baby will spend a very large part of its day sleeping and lying on its back it’s crucial that you invest in a high quality baby crib and a good portable bassinet for when you need to carry your baby with you outside the house.
What are the benefits of using baby furniture?
Baby furniture is a necessity and not a luxury. Even though in the beginning having to buy a large number of baby furniture pieces and accessories might seem daunting, the good thing is that baby furniture is affordable now.
You can find excellent, high quality baby furniture for the nursery at great prices that won’t break the bank and will last you for years and be used again for your next baby, or babies!
Why you need baby furniture
- Must-have nursery items like a baby crib or a high chair ensure your baby is safe at all times whether they’re sleeping or being fed. baby chairs, bassinets and strollers usually feature multi-point safety harnesses to keep the baby secure in place.
- You and your baby will enjoy utmost comfort by using a proper and comfortable baby crib and high quality crib mattress. You baby will have a safe and comfortable sleep which is crucial for its proper development
- Save time: something like a baby high chair will make feeding your baby a breeze. This way he or she can sit at the table while you’re having lunch or dinner and you can easily feed her.
What baby furniture and nursery items do you really need?
Prepping your home for the baby is both exciting and intimidating. The plethora of options on the market may seem overwhelming but if you put everything down it’s pretty simple. There are some key items that you really need and some items that you can go by without.
9 Must have baby items
We have come up with a comprehensive list of baby furniture to buy. Below you will find the must-have nursery items:
- Baby Crib: This is the most important item to have in the nursery. Various kinds of baby cribs are available. You may choose a convertible crib that comes with a drawer, changing table, desk and a built-in-table and some convertible cribs can turn into full size beds, growing with your baby.
Discover the top 10 baby cribs of 2020
- Toddler bed: Babies grow up unbelievably quickly and it won’t take long that your baby will need to make the transition to a toddler bed. A toddler bed (which you can keep for more than 10 years) will be a definite must-have later on.
Read our list of the best toddler beds of 2020
- Baby chair: Babies are really well versed in eating and sleeping and they eat several times a day! An ergonomic, safe, and sturdy baby chair will make your life easier and feeding your baby a breeze while ensuring its safe in a proper upright position when eating.
Browse the best baby chairs and the best baby high chairs of 2020
- Extra Bed sheets: You must have multiple sets of sheets available at all times. You may cover the mattress pad with the crib sheet and then layer a second crib sheet to make it easier to clean and save the mattress in cases of “accidents” which you’ll have plenty!
- Crib Mattress: If possible consult with your paediatrician to suggest a quality orthopedic mattress.
Discover the 10 best crib mattresses of 2020
- Waterproof mattress cover: This is the mattress pad you need to keep safe the baby mattress. Most cribs come with their own pad or at least have a recommended brand and specifications.A waterproof outer cover will make cleaning a breeze
- Diaper supplies: This is one of the chief essentials you’ll need. You may choose between disposable diapers or cloth diapers. You can never have enough
- Infant dresser: A dresser will hold the cute clothes of your baby. There is no need to have an extensive wardrobe if you use an infant dresser. Look for a dresser that comes with a slide-out changing table, space for keeping the wipes and creams as well as other various accessories and toys to save space
- Changing table: Buy functional and back-saving changing table to change your baby and avoid back pains.
This list concludes everything you need for a baby nursery. But, your nursery checklist is still not complete.
Some more baby items you should consider
Other useful items you can buy include a baby monitor, plenty of baby clothes, burp clothes, diaper disposal system, toys, a bouncy seat and a bottle sterilizer.
Wondering what more to buy for the nursery? A rocking chair could become very handy especially if your baby cries very often; a rocking chair has been known to soothe crying babies. Rockers and gliders make a great addition to the baby nursery.
To be honest the “should have” list can go on and on and can prove quite expensive if you want to purchase every baby item available out there so you must always prioritize and plan ahead.
Measure the space where nursery furniture will be placed. Prior to making purchases, you should also create your nursery checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Everything you need in a baby nursery can be found online in marketplaces like Amazon. Do not do impulsive shopping and always do the necessary due diligence and market research before.
The brand you are choosing equally matters. Look for reliable brands as you cannot take any chance with the safety and well-being of your baby. Paying a premium for “Made in the USA” products is well worth it.